Happy Monday, friends!
I am headed to the burbs (well....really super west of the burbs) today to visit my momma who just had major shoulder surgery related to an ice skating incident. The reasoning for my visit is not super uplifting, but the fact that I get to see my mom, dad, and little brother always puts me in a good mood anyway.
The other thing that has me in a good mood is that I am officially past the halfway point of Whole30. I am starting to feel better and my face is for sure clearer. Reflecting on the past 15 days, the most difficult things that I've encountered include: almond milk in my coffee (trying to embrace it, but blech) and food boredom. I'm also definitely realizing the role that food plays with my emotions. When I'm sad, happy, or anxious I turn to food for comfort. Even if it's a super healthy food that I turn to, the emotional dependence that I am building by giving in to that constantly is so, so unhealthy. Being aware of it is step 1, but trying to move away from that dependence is a whole other story. I'll keep you all posted.
In the meantime, may your coffee be strong and your Monday be short.
Here are this week's links:
1. This smoothie packs a punch. It's not your typical fruits with a side of veggies. It's practically veggies and I am a major fan.
2. This series is inspiring me so much! Keeping it simple is so difficult for me sometimes. Especially with clothes. Who wants to be an outfit repeater?
3. Love this plant inspiration.
4. I would love to get into doing some newborn photography. If you know a little one, call me.
5. This quote brings so much comfort to me.