Hello Monday! Or wait, Tuesday! Woah, we're like halfway through the week already. How did that even happen?
Who am I kidding, this week is dragging and it hasn't even begun! What is it about long weekends that make the work week just that much more difficult to face? I mean, in theory, it should really seem easier and more manageable than it typically does given that there are less days until we are let loose again from the monotony of the 9-5, but it inevitably heightens the devastation we experience come "Monday."
Don't worry, I'm right there with you today. My coffee was purposefully made a bit stronger and my comfy jeans are all I even considered wearing. I took an extra long shower and then sat, petting the cats, for an extra extraaaa long time. This adulting thing is no joke. I mean, we have to keep this thing up in the SUMMER. We practically are superheroes.
1. People can be so ungrateful. DISCLAIMER: I'm just complaining....okay, maybe I'm being a bit ungrateful.
2. Here is a great solution to said people. Totally acceptable on Mondays/Tuesdays/Everyday.
3. We so made these this weekend (TWICE!), and you should too! Watermelons are a definite favorite around here. We ditched to coconut water and added in ice, lemon, and chia seeds. It might become a summer stable.
4. Apparently in Denver you can have a legit urban farm, like chickens + goats -- the works! As soon as we have something that will actually qualify as a yard, I am so in. There was a baby goat for sale at the farmer's market and it took every ounce of my being to walk away. She was insanely cute.
5. I would love a weekend getaway here. Because it's Tuesday and I'm already thinking about the weekend.