When can we actually start saying it's summer? I think the calendar says it's not technically until later in June, but my brain is convinced that it's already begun. Probably something to do with the warm weather. The sunshine here is just so unbelievable. We can all likely agree that after Memorial Day weekend it's almost impossible to not be in full SUMMER mode, no matter what the calendar dictates.
Summer is my favorite time of year and I am certain I am not in the minority when I say that. It's the best time of year whether your life is still being defined by semesters or not. I am exceptionally excited about this summer because it is the first summer in what seems like forever that I am not planning a wedding or taking a summer class. It's also our first summer living in Denver which means lots of hiking and mountain explorations will be happening. Because the city is so new, I wanted to make a bucket list of things that would help us to get to know it better along with other summer-y activities.
Bucket lists are so fun. They're fun to make and even more fun to accomplish. I've made so many summer bucket lists in the past that I didn't even make a dent in before the summer ended, but this year is the year that I cross off every single thing off the list! To make that actually possible I tried to center my list around things that are free/cheap. Hopefully this inspires you to make a list of your own to work through this summer.
- See a concert at Red Rocks - I'm leaning toward Twenty-One Pilots, but the price tag on their shows have me hesitating a bit.
- Go to Pike’s Peak - I've seen it from a distance while driving to Colorado Springs, but I really want to experience it fully this year.
- Walk up the Manitou Incline - This is kind of a fitness challenge more than anything. Josiah and I attempted it this weekend and then we are going to try again at the end of the summer (after we have acclimated to the altitude and gotten in better shape) and see if we improve any. - (kind of) CHECK!
- Use Coffee Passport - We are super excited for this because a) COFFEE (duh!), b) BOGO! and c) it gives us an excuse to get out and explore the city. There is a restaurant version that we are planning to purchase as soon as it is released.
- Go to the Pearl Street Farmer’s Market - CHECK!
- Bike the Cherry Creek Trail - CHECK!
- Elway’s Taste + Tune Summer Music Series
- Coors factory tour
- Visit Rocky Mountain National Park - heading there this afternoon!
- Go to a Rockies Game
- Have a picnic at Cheeseman Park
- Hike / Climb a 14er
- Start an herb garden - I'm interested to see how this plays out because my plant track record isn't great.
- Visit Tattered Covers Bookstore
- Visit the Denver Flea Market
- Catch an Indie Flick at the Esquire or Mayan Theater
- Visit the Denver Botanic Gardens
- Go to Lookout Mountain - CHECK!
- Play a game of chess at the 16th street mall
- Check out The Source
- Make homemade ice cream
- Go to Garden of the Gods - We drove through after doing the Manitou Incline, but I want to take another trip where we actually explore it.
- Read A Million Miles In A Thousand Years - Because reading IS important and I need to do more of it.
- Make homemade Kombucha - If we follow through on this I'll just be one step closer to being a hippie.
Do you make a summer bucket list? What's on yours? What should we add to ours?
Have a wonderful weekend! The next time we chat I'll be in full-out summer mode.