Monday, Monday, Monday!
How are you doing, friends?
Things are going really well for us! The whirlwind of moving has kind of begun and it's equal parts exciting and terrifying. We're going to be heading out to Denver for a wedding that I am shooting in two weeks so we are kind of organizing a bit now (because I only think far ahead when it isn't particularly neccessary.) Most of the non-wedding time there will be utilized to a) look for a job for Josiah and b) find an apartment, but I am certain there will also be lots of eating at our new favorite taqueria and sipping some cold brew from our favorite coffee spot oh and maybe finally doing some hiking. It's likely going to be a crazy week, but we are up for it. We kind of like crazy.
The actual move isn't for a few weeks after we return from that trip, but it's coming up. Things aren't quite in boxes physically, but mentally things are organized and we've done a second house purge. Seriously, where is this stuff coming from? Does anyone else have this problem?
My biggest concern at this point is how we are going to transport our two cats from Chicago to Denver. That's like 14 1/2 hours. Any tips would be so appreciated! Like, how do you even deal with a litter box? Oh, and one of our cats has like major anxiety, so....
There is a really good chance we're all going to be on Xanax that day/week. Stay tuned.
In other news, we had a really great weekend! We spent Saturday Chicago with one of our close friends, Lincoln, and two of his close friends, who I am pretty sure are some of the coolest people I've ever met. They're from Australia. Like, THEY LIVE THERE! I could listen to their accents all day. It was so fun to experience Chicago through their eyes. The simplest of things, like trees without leaves on them, lead to conversations that lasted for hours. It was amazing. We're having a waffle/movie night tomorrow with them and I almost can't wait. Ahhh, the accents.
Today we are back at it. Coffee in hand and kitten in lap, I will face the day. Happy Monday!
1. Blowing Rhianna's Mind = new life goal.
2. This girl is on a whole different level than the rest of us....and she's only 3!
3. We made these last week and I highly recommend them as a way to elevate this Monday. I would ditch the whipped coconut cream though --not my fave. Also, you should read the Oh Ladycakes blog as often as you can. Her recipes are vegan, but I (a non-vegan) still love making them and her stories are so worth the read. Oh and she is incredibly nice in person too.
4. Is this real life? Because I am so there.
5. I'm dreaming that I'm strolling this street right now because wanderlust ain't no joke.