Happy Tuesday before Thanksgiving, babes!
As a kid, Thanksgiving Day meant watching the Macy's Day parade while my mom cooked away in the kitchen, rearranging our furniture and adding in card tables and chairs to fit 20+ people, pretending to care about football, and eating to our hearts content and then some. There was always strawberry-pretzel salad, more pies than we could possibly consume, mashed potatoes and gravy (Josiah's favorite), and of course turkey.
It was always such a special time, but now that I've grown up (or at least in theory), I've come to appreciate the actual meaning and importance of Thanksgiving. With each passing year it has become less and less about the turkey or pumpkin pie and more about contentment and gratitude that is often overlooked in our everyday life. It's the time of year where we are supposed to change our mindset from I-WANT-MORE to I-AM-CONTENT-WITH-WHAT-I-HAVE. It's a time for us to be conscious about how fortunate we are to have the family and friends that we do and to make an effort to let them know we appreciate them. I'm sharing ten things that I am thankful for this year, but believe me, there are far more. Share with me what you're thankful for this year, because truly, there is always, always, always something to be thankful for. #blessed (I couldn't resist).
Love you guys and I hope that your Thanksgiving is full of lots of laughter, gratitude, pecan pie, and dad jokes.
1. MY HUSBAND - No one supports my dreams, knows my heart, or cheers me on quite like he does.
2. OUR AMAZING FAMILIES - I'm continually reminded of how amazing both my family and Josiah's family are. Listen, if you can find a family that helps you move cross-country TWICE in one year, keep them. <3
3. MY JOB - Seriously, to wake up everyday and not dread going to work is a rare find. The clients that I get to work with fill my heart and keep me going.
4. HOPE - In a world of darkness, it's the only thing we have to hold onto.
5. COFFEE - Because without it the world might move in slow motion. And smile less.
6. JOSIAH'S JOB - I am so glad that he has found a job that satisfies him and treats him well!
7. ELEVATORS - Their existence made moving to and from a 6th-floor apartment in Denver a much more manageable feat.
8. LEGGINGS - And I don't even freaking care that they're not pants.
9. MY GIRLFRIENDS - The value of having a tribe that stands behind you no matter what and constantly cheers you on was never as apparent to me as it has become this year. Seriously girls, I wouldn't have kept pushing on in this creative girl boss journey without you.
10. ADVENTURES - Moving from Chicago ---> Denver and then Denver ---> Chicago again in 6 months was a gloriously, unforeseen, crazy adventure and I am so unbelievably thankful for it.